Saturday, February 26, 2011

In the Company of Cedar and Bohemian Waxwings



This morning I kept watch on some trees in front of the courthouse. During the last week a large flock of Bohemian Waxwings have been feeding and hanging around this large Dwarf Juniper. A few minutes past 8am I noticed the waxwings were there. I grabbed my camera and dressed warm and walked over to the courthouse lawn. I thought for sure they were going to fly off, but to my surprise they did not even mind me being there. I was so close...5 feet at one time and as I was leaning against a small tree for support one of them landed on my head. How I wish someone else was there to grab a photo of that. The sun was shinning and the sky was blue and I had perfect lighting. I took 345 images and I left. If they come back again I will go back and take some more photos. So far they have been around a week...and I'm looking forward to getting close to them again.

2 comments:

Cindy Mead said...

gorgeous!! I'll have to head up that way sure would love to see them. Great photos Jimmy!

Anonymous said...

very cool! great sighting and photos both Jimmy! will try to get up there tomorrow, sure would love to see them.