Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Green frog...

This green frog proved to be a challenge to get a shot of.
Yesterday I went to explore a new place that I have not been to in years. I found this cool water hole in a swamp that was loaded with mosquito's. I thought I had plenty of bug spray on, but they still tried to bite. Anyways I moved in slowly so I would not scare the frog away. It was muddy and it really smelled the closer I got. I lowered my tripod to ground level and started to shoot. I was able to get about 20 images when I made a wrong move and ended up in the water. Camera gear was fine, but my leg and boot were soaked in mud and other stuff. I guess it was to much for the frog and it dove under the water only to come up further in the middle. I was not going to wade in this mucky water. It was leech heaven....so I just headed on down the trail. The deer flies were even worse than the mosquito's. At least I came home with some nice images.


Bunchberries...

No comments: