Thursday, July 14, 2011

Perfect Day!

Spent the better half of the day in the meadow. many butterflies, dragonflies and other insects flying. Many wildflowers in bloom...it was perfect. I was able to photograph this mating pair of...
Aphrodite Fritillaries (Speyeria aphodite)

Not only was I able to photograph this species, but the one I was after for a few days finally let me get close. Close enough to use my macro lens. I found a spot where the butterflies where gathering and enjoying some kind of minerals. Must have been 30 or more feeding. I carefully crawled up to them and laid there and filled 2 0f my 4 gig memory cards up. I am so glad it was a hazy to partly overcast sky. The lighting was perfect for today's trip to the meadow. I guess good things come to those who wait.

No comments: